Sisters Pit

Sisters Pit, named after the two Gascoigne sisters, was sunk in 1843 and employed 240 men. It was worked out by 1922 [2].

The pit was located on the other side of Aberford Road to the station where Tescos now stands [4].

Date
Unknown
Copyright
Unknown (with original photographer) [1]
Sisters Pit
Date
Unknown
Copyright
Unknown (with original photographer) [1]
Sisters Pit